Our lives are busy and we live with more demands that ever before! Many lead lives that are very stressful everyday! We have stress in our personal lives, in our marriages and families, financial stress, stress in our jobs, and even driving on our busy streets! Stress affects our general and oral health. In 2017 Make Your Oral Health a Priority!
There are several links between stress and oral health including:
- Worn, cracked or broken teeth caused by Clenching or Grinding
- Poor Oral Hygiene –when stressed and busy, brushing and flossing is often skipped and good nutrition often is not a priority
- Periodontal Disease – can be caused by Poor Oral Hygiene or a compromised immune system due to stress
- Jaw Pain – from grinding / clenching at night ,often caused by worry or stress
- Dry Mouth – stress can lead to dry mouth – which can lead to dental problems
- Missing Appointments – Stress and leading a busy life can lead to “no time” for regular dental visits or missed appointments
Our team at Maple Mews Dental , will work closely with you to develop a plan to take care of and address your oral health problems including those that have developed or stemmed from stress. Depending on your situation and needs, we may recommend a nightguard if grinding or clenching , http://maplemewsdental.ca/patient-education/oral-health-problems/teeth-grinding-bruxism/, recommend rinses or other remedies for dry mouth, will make recommendations to treat periodontal disease and will discuss diet and home care for your gums and teeth.
Want to eliminate stress from affecting your Oral Health? The Maple Mews Dental Team encourages regular dental visits , brushing for 2 minutes 2-3 times daily and daily flossing !