Although Halloween may look a little different this year with family fun events at home instead of trick or treating or fun creative candy tubes or clotheslines to give out candy in the neighbourhood, there will still be candy…lots and lots of candy! Halloween is always a time, like no other when it comes to indulging in extra candy and sweets!
It’s fun to trick or treat and have lots of Halloween treats, but having cavities is not much fun! The more snacking we do or allow or children to do, the more prone we are to cavities and to damaging our teeth.
Some helpful hints to keep your smile healthy and happy this Halloween from the Maple Mews Dental team are:
- Choose snacks wisely — all the time not just at Halloween
- Remember that soft sticky snacks like toffee are usually not a good choice for your teeth
- Instead of snacking continually eat more sugary snacks and drinks at one time
- After indulging on the few treats , rinse with water, brush and floss
- Replace the sticky sweet snacks with better ones for your overall health and oral health. Choose snacks like yogurt, vegetables and dip, chocolate milk or cheese!
- Brush 3 times a day for 2 minutes
- Parents help your children with brushing and flossing
- Visit your dental regularly
At Maple Mews Dental we LOVE Halloween too! We love your smile and want to help you to make the best choices to keep you smiling! If you have any questions about good snacks to keep a healthy smile , contact us today or talk to us at your next dental visit!
Happy Halloween from the Maple Mews Dental Team!